Hypertrust Patient Data Care was delighted and proud to be sponsor of this year’s CAR-TCR Summit in Boston (US) – one of the most important and inspiring global events in the CAR-TCR area. The personal highlight of our conference team: meeting legendary Prof Carl June, who spent two decades researching cellular immunotherapies in the lab, and Emily Whitehead, the first child to receive CAR-T therapy in April 2012. A once-in-a-lifetime experience the team will never forget!
In general, the CAR-TCR Summit in Boston showed significant progress related to allogenic CARTs development and new gene editing platforms that enable building more powerful Tcells and new features in CARTs – for instance from Cellectis. However, there was still an extensive debate about current challenges in clinical production and commercialization of autologous CARTs. Some critical issues that were highlighted:
- Cost associated with complicated transport, logistics and supply chain
- Manufacturing reproducibility
One issue frequently discussed between attendees was patient variability. Understanding this variability is key for quality control specifications and for long-term patient follow-up, as the “curative” clinical response of CARTs needs to be measured.
Also, the transparent and safe processing of patient data within a CART therapy is still a challenge.
Hypertrust Patient Data Care is excited to support pharma/biotech companies to ensure a secure collection, analysis and exchange of patient data with regulated and targeted access as required by different stakeholders – patient, HCPs, authorities and pharma.
About Hypertrust Patient Data Care:
Hypertrust Patient Data Care provides unique blockchain-based solutions for secure handling of patient and other sensitive data.
The first application, Hypertrust X-Chain, is the patient-centered closed-loop supply and distributed data chain for autologous cell therapies providing unique benefits for patient data security and transparency in autologous cell therapies, and additional blockchain benefits:
- Patient data protection conformity (e.g. EU-GDPR) with trusted computing appliance to keep sensitive data off-chain
- Immutable audit trail of the chain of identity and chain of custody
- Assurance of authenticity of all process participants & trustworthy document exchange
- Sensor-driven track and trace
- Smart contracts for process automation
- A flexible process engine to allow adjustment to your specific requirements